Best Practice: It’s helpful to have a complete list of all Organization Types developed and approved prior to entering them in the system.
About the Organization Type field
The Organization Types field is used to define categories for the types of organization that will be interacting with your account’s binders.
Specific Organization Types vary greatly by both binder application and the subscribing organization’s goals. Here are some examples of possible Organization Types based on binder purpose and subscriber goals:
- K12 School District: District, BOCES, Contractors and Vendors
- Commercial Real Estate Management: Owner, Tenants, Contractors and Vendors
- Manufacturers and Distributors: Manufacturer, Prospects, Customers, Service and Contractors
Adding and Editing the Organization Type field
While logged into your ML Binders™ Software account as an Admin:
1. Select Manage Organization Types from the Admin drop-down menu in the black toolbar at the top of any software screen. The Manage Organization Types screen will be displayed with no entries.
2. Select the Add icon () at the upper right of the screen to display the Add/Edit Organization Types screen.
3. Enter an Organization Type (e.g., District, Contractor) in the Typefield and select the Save button. The Manage Organization Typesscreen will be displayed showing the new entry.
4. Repeat steps 2 – 3 for each Organization Type desired.
5. Perform the Manage User Types procedure after all Organization Types have been entered.