Best Practice: It’s helpful to have a complete list of all User Types developed and approved prior to entering them in the system.
About the User Type field
The User Types field is used to define categories for the types of users that will be interacting with your account’s binders.
Specific User Types vary by binder application and the subscribing organization’s goals. Here is one examples of possible Organization Types based on binder purpose and subscriber goals:
- HVAC and Technology Systems Service: Admin, External Contractor, External Vendor, and Internal Staff.
Adding and Editing the User Type field
While logged into your ML Binders™ Software account as an Admin:
1. Select Manage User Types from the Admin drop-down menu in the black toolbar at the top of any software screen. The Manage User Types screen will be displayed with no entries.
2. Select the Add icon () at the upper right of the screen to display the Add/Edit User Types screen.
3. Enter an User Type (e.g., Admin, External Contractor) in the Typefield and select the Save button. The Manage User Types screen will be displayed showing the new entry.
4. Repeat steps 2 – 3 for each User Type desired.
5. Perform the Manage Organizations procedure after all User Typeshave been entered.