There will not be any images available when you first access the ML Binders™ Software’s Image Navigation feature. Binder Admins must first upload image files that can then be mapped in the software.
Note: The best practice for creating new image navigation is to first create your binder(s).
The Settings > Image Nav Admin command is used to upload images and map their navigation attributes in ML Binders™ Software.
To set up an image for navigation from any ML Binders™ Software screen while logged in with Binder Admin credentials:
1. Select Settings > Image Nav Admin
From the Image Nav Admin screen:
Note: Acceptable file formats include jpg, gif and png.
1. Select the () icon in the upper right of the screen (below).
2. Optional: Relate the image to be uploaded with a particular campus by choosing the appropriate Campus from the Campus drop-down menu.
IMPORTANT: Only 1 image can be associated with a campus. If you upload a second image and assign it to the same campus as the first, it will override the first when navigating to that campus view.
3. Enter an image title for ease of reference in the Title field.
4. Select the Choose File button to display a file navigation window.
5. Navigate to and select the desired file in the navigation window; then select the OK button. The name of the selected file will be displayed to the right of the Choose File button (shown in yellow highlight above).
6. Select the Save Image button. The selected file and entered information will be saved.
Managing Linked Areas
Once an image is uploaded, it can be mapped to link to another image, the desired binder or file.
From the Manage Image Navigation screen:
1. Select the Manage Linked Areas command to the right of the image to be mapped (below).
When an image is first uploaded, selecting the Add icon in the upper right can be used to create:
A new linked area
A link to go back to your list of images
The image being manage.
Adding a Linked Area
1. Select the add iconto the upper right of the screen. The Manage Image Links screen will be displayed.
2. Using your computer’s cursor (or finger on a touch screen) and the displayed image at the top of the screen, create the area to be mapped by defining each point/corner of the area to be linked. The link area will be filled with a default color once it is completed.
Note: Select the Reset button directly below the the image if you make a mistake.
3. Complete the Target fields under the image:
a. Select the data type to which the image map area will be linked (image, binder or URL). Note that linking to another image provides the ability to navigate from a campus to a building to a floor.
b. Based on the data type selected, enter or select the binder, file or specific URL in the Target free-text field.
4. Enter a short description of the image-map area in the Title field (e.g., Office #215).
5. Enter text describing where the link will lead in the Tooltip field. This text is displayed when a user hovers over the linked area.
6. Choose a Color and select an Opacity setting for the linked area.
7. Click Save Map button.
The Managed Linked Areas screen will be displayed showing the newly created linked area.
Important Note: Users that do not have access to a specific binder or file will not be able to view the binder/file when the click on the linked area.
Editing a linked area
Linked area data such as shape, name, tooltip, color and opacity can be edited or deleted using the Manage Linked Area screen.
1. Select the Edit iconnext to the name of image link being edited to display the Manage Linked Area screen.
2. To change the shape of the linked area, select any corner anchor point and move it to the desired position or select the middle of a line to add a new anchor point.
Important: Do not click anywhere in the image area after setting the image link area or another anchor point will be added to the area.
3. Revise the Target, Title, Tooltip, Color, and Opacity fields if desired.
4. Select the Save Map button to save your changes. The Manage Linked Areas screen will be displayed with changes made in steps 2 – 3 reflected.
Deleting a Linked Area
1. To delete a linked area select the delete icon .